Secluded in the picturesque pines and conveniently located directly off of Interstate-80, Soda Springs Mountain Resort is perfect for families new to snow.
Lake Tahoe is a major destination for visitors, and for good reason. Whether you want to hike, bike, ski, boat, paddle, run, cruise, dine, or gamble (yes, gamble!), Lake Tahoe has it all. Click here for more information on planning your visit.
Lake Tahoe Facts and Figures
- Lake Tahoe is two-thirds in the state of California and one-third in the state of Nevada
- As North America’s largest alpine lake, Lake Tahoe stretches 22 miles long, 12 miles wide, and has 72 miles of shoreline. It has a surface area of 192 square miles.
- Sixty three (63) streams flow into Lake Tahoe, but only the Truckee River flows out past Reno and into Pyramid Lake.
- The sun shines at Lake Tahoe approximately 274 days a year. However, snowfall has been recorded in every month and averages 420 inches a year.
- If completely drained, the lake would cover a flat area the size of California in 14 inches of water – but it would take over 700 years to refill!