You can find one of the most beautiful waterfalls in the Sierra Nevada just northeast of Redding, California in McArthur-Burney Falls Memorial State Park.
Place Category: Community
Redding has a long history of outdoor active living.
Redding is an outdoor paradise for all ages, and is home to miles of hiking and biking trails, a river, lakes, iconic mountains, and national and state parks nearby. In addition, there are many cultural and entertainment options, including:
- Amusement Parks
- Check out the boating, bicycling, fishing, or camping at Whiskeytown National Recreation Area.
- Ski, snowboard, or sled Mount Shasta Ski Park.
- Visit Turtle Bay Exploration Park, a 300-acre gathering place featuring the Sundial Bridge, a museum, forestry & wildlife center, arboretum and botanical gardens.
- You can find one of the most beautiful waterfalls in the Sierra Nevada just northeast of Redding in McArthur-Burney Falls Memorial State Park.
- Lassen Volcanic National Park is home to steaming fumaroles, meadows freckled with wildflowers, clear mountain lakes, and numerous volcanoes.