Lake Aloha Trail is a 14.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near South Lake Tahoe, CA that features beautiful wild flowers, a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.
Place Category: Trailheads
Trailhead for the Tahoe Rim Trail | 20.2 miles to Brockway Summit | 17 miles to Barker Pass
The Tahoe Rim Trail heading northeast to Brockway Summit is a strenuous trail, with great views of the Truckee River Canyon and Lake Tahoe. Parking for this trailhead is across the street at the Fairway Community Center on Fairway Drive. On weekends, additional parking is allowed at the Tahoe City Public Utility District offices. There are no toilets or water at this trailhead.
- Distance to:
- Mt Watson (8,424 ft) 11.7 miles
- Watson Lake 13.4 miles
- Brockway Summit trailhead 20. 2
The Tahoe Rim Trail south to Barker Pass can be accessed by the trailhead above, or you can drive to the Truckee River Access parking area (64 acres), 0.5 mile away. There are portable toilets available at this site. This section of trail starts at the Truckee River, and the moderate/strenuous hike provides views of Lake Tahoe, Granite Chief Wilderness, and seasonal wildflowers.
- Approximate distance to:
- Ward Creek 6 miles
- Stanford Rock 8 miles
- Twin Peaks 12.3 miles
- Barker Pass trailhead 17 miles
- Squaw Valley/Alpine Meadows is located off Highway 89, between Truckee and Tahoe City, on the North Shore of Lake Tahoe. The village has numerous dining options and fun (and functional) shopping. Open for summer activities as well as winter skiing and snowboarding.
- The Granite Chief Wilderness encompasses glacier carved valleys, red fir forests, granite formations, and pristine mountain meadows. The Pacific Crest Trail (PCT) crosses the area north-south for about 21 miles along the eastern boundary passing through Five Lakes Basin. NOTE: Biking is not permitted on the PCT. If planning on biking this section of the Tahoe Rim Trail, be prepared to turn around five miles before the Barker Pass trailhead.
- Northstar California is home to over 3,000 acres of skiable terrain. The resort is known for its laid back atmosphere coupled with high-end luxury accommodations, shopping and dining.
For more information on hiking the Tahoe Rim Trail, visit the Tahoe Rim Trail Association online.
- Distance to: