Lake Tahoe's Inspiration Point provides a scenic overlook for all of Emerald Bay, historic Vikingsholm, and Fanette Island.
Place Category: Airports
Truckee Tahoe Airport is an FAA designated public Regional General Aviation airport. It is situated in Martis Valley approximately two miles southeast of Truckee, California and seven miles northwest of Lake Tahoe. The airport straddles both Nevada County and Placer County lines. It is managed by the Truckee Tahoe Airport District, a bi-county Special District, (1 of 9 Special Districts in California). It attracts aviators, tourists and the general public alike, all enjoying the outdoor Sierra Mountain lifestyle and aviation in general.
Save the date for the annual Truckee Tahoe AirShow & Family Festival – Saturday, July 8, 2017.
- The Civil Air Patrol hosts programs, training and classes all year for community and youth, including aspiring pilots and search and rescue volunteers.
- Experimental Aircraft Association 1073 is an organization dedicated to preserving flying of any kind. The EAA Young Eagles program provides interested young people, ages 8 thru 17, an opportunity to go flying in a general aviation airplane free of charge. Flights are made possible through the generosity of EAA member volunteers.
- From May 1st to October 15th, Skydive Truckee Tahoe offers tandem jumps with gorgeous views of Lake Tahoe and the Sierra Nevada mountains, and videos and photographs of your skydiving adventure.
- Sierra Aero is a full service FBO, providing aircraft maintenance, inspections, flight training and aircraft rentals.
- The Truckee Tahoe Soaring Association aims to advance the science, art, and safety of soaring flight in the Northern California and Nevada region with a specific focus on training the next generation of soaring pilots and aviation youth leaders to serve their community and society. May 28th to September 30, choose from one- or two-person scenic glider rides with Soar Truckee.
- Red Truck on the Runway offers “sustainable organic eats with bold flavors,” and is open Monday through Saturday from 9 AM to 3 PM (closed Sundays).
- “Art In The Airport”, featuring eclectic and inspiring artwork hanging throughout the main terminal building, changes seasonally, enhancing the airport terminal with 25-30 new displays of paintings, mosaics, photography and more.